Adult Dog Wellness Exams
Back to Dog Wellness Exams
12 months of age and older: Semi Annual Wellness Exams:
Every 6 month Check-ups
Full wellness exam review of body systems
Charting of weight trends
Charting (and possible testing) of any new lumps, bumps, or skin conditions
Body Condition Scoring, Muscle Condition Scoring, and ideal weight determination (as your dog is full grown at 12 months of age (except “Giant Breeds”) and Nutritional Counseling
Yearly Fecal Parasite Exam (Bring a stool sample!)
Flea check (and ear mite testing, as needed)
Topical anti-parasite treatment monthly or Oral general dewormer quarterly
- DHPP (canine distemper hepatitis parainfluenza and parvo disease complex, often referred to as the "canine distemper-parvo" combination as it is the canine equivalent of cats' respiratory combination vaccination): after puppy series, every 3 years, beginning with one year of age vaccination.
- Every 3 year Rabies Vaccine, after 16 week puppy vaccine and one year of age vaccination.
- Bordatella/Kennel Cough vaccine every 6 months after initial puppy series of 2 vaccines one month apart.
- Leptospirosis yearly after initial puppy series of 2 vaccines, three weeks apart (at 10 lbs or 6 months of age and older).
- Lyme Vaccination yearly after initial series of 2 vaccines, one month apart
- Canine Influenza (H3N8, H3N2) each yearly after initial series of 2 vaccines, one month apart
- Tribeca Veterinary Wellness does not recommend the routine use of Corona Virus Vaccination unless a dog will be spending time at dog shows, as this condition is typically affecting very young and breeding animals, and, like the human common cold, mutates so rapidly that it is not possible to get adequate prevention from a single vaccine type.
- Tribeca Veterinary Wellness does not recommend the routine use of Giardia Vaccines unless a patient is shown to have persistent shedding of the Giardia organism (cysts) after 2 rounds of an appropriate oral treatment regime. This is due to the fact that the vaccine does not work as a preventative, but is helpful only in reducing the re-contamination/re-infection caused by persistent shedding of the parasite in some infected individuals.
Toenail trimming, if permitted.
Junior Wellness Lab Panel yearly until age 7, then yearly Senior Wellness Lab Panel beginning at age 7 and older.
Dentistry and Dental Cleanings scheduled as needed, within 30 days of lab-work: Ultrasonic Teeth Cleaning/Polishing, Dental Xrays, Identification of Significant Dental Disease and/or lesions, and tailored surgical and medical dental treatment for specific conditions identified.
Schedule Spay or Neuter Surgery, if not already completed