Adult Dog Wellness Exams
Dog Wellness Care Stages
Wellness Care is vital to preventing potential health risks and threats to your dog!
Tribeca Veterinary Wellness is proud to offer comprehensive canine wellness care as the best way you can continue to build upon a solid foundation for health care and preventative wellness for all of the pups in your family!
Throughout all stages of a canine’s life, almost nothing is more important than setting a good foundation for your dogs’ wellness. Tribeca Veterinary Wellness is here to help you learn all you need to know, and using this to create a customized care plan for their entire life, adult through mature dog.
Topics covered include:
- Lifetime wellness care needs
- Adult dogs' nutritional needs and options for a proper diet
- Parasite elimination and prevention for your dog (and also for human safety)
- Dental hygiene guidelines and stepwise desensitization for tooth brushing techniques
- Screening for parasites such as fleas and ear mites, as well as intestinal parasites (we follow the CAPC guidelines for deworming of all pets, using either a monthly topical preventative or a quarterly oral general dewormer and parasite-tailored dewormers for any specific infections found on yearly fecal tests.)
- Testing and evaluation of your dog for other common medical conditions-yearly junior wellness lab panel for ages 1-6 years, then yearly senior wellness lab panel beginning at age 7.
- Genetic screening and detection, MDR1 Testing of mixed breed, rescue dogs, and at risk breeds
- Life stage and exposure specific vaccination needs discussion
- Toenail trimming and paw desensitization instruction
- Desensitization and reward based training and behavioral modification plans to help you and your dogs in harmony
- Blending and incorporation of a new dog or puppy into a household with other pets.
- Discussions of common household hazards for dogs
- Discussions of tick borne diseases and the safest preventative measures to take for the whole family
With so much possible to cover and discuss, it is a good thing that each dog needs wellness visits every 6 months for examinations and occasional routine basic vaccination, screenings, and deworming/anti-parasite treatments!