Puppy Wellness Care
Back to Puppy Wellness Care
15-16 weeks of age
Full wellness exam review of body systems
Body condition scoring, nutritional counseling
Flea check (and ear mite testing, as needed)
Fecal Parasite Exam #2/2 (Bring a stool sample!)
Oral general dewormer (we follow the CAPC guidelines for deworming of puppies and all pets, using a general dewormer at each puppy visit through 16 weeks of age, and parasite-tailored dewormers for any specific infections found on 2 consecutive fecal parasite screenings.)
- DHPP (canine distemper hepatitis parinfluenza and parvo disease complex, often referred to as the "canine distemper-parvo" combination as it is the canine equivalent of cats' respiratory combination vaccination): after puppy series, every 3 years, beginning with one year of age vaccination.
- Bordatella/Kennel Cough vaccine every 6 months after initial puppy series of 2 vaccines one month apart.
- Initial Rabies Vaccine at 15-16 week puppy visit
- Leptospirosis yearly after initial puppy series of 2 vaccines, three weeks apart (at 10 lbs or 6 months of age and older).
- Lyme Vaccination yearly after initial series of 2 vaccines, one month apart
- Canine Influenza (H3N8, H3N2) each yearly after initial series of 2 vaccines, one month apart