Adult Cat Wellness Exams
Cat Wellness Care Stages
Wellness Care is vital to preventing potential health risks and threats to your cat!
Tribeca Veterinary Wellness is proud to offer comprehensive feline wellness care as the best way you can continue to build upon a solid foundation for health care and preventative wellness for all of the kitty cats in your family!
Throughout all stages of a feline's life, almost nothing is more important than setting a good foundation for your cats’ wellness. At Tribeca Veterinary Wellness we will help you to explore all you need to know, and using this to create a customized care plan for their entire life, adult through mature cat.
Topics covered include:
- Lifetime wellness care needs
- Adult cats' nutritional needs and options for a proper diet
- Parasite elimination and prevention for your cat (and also for human safety)
- Dental hygiene guidelines and stepwise desensitization for tooth brushing techniques
- Testing and evaluation of your cat for other common medical conditions-yearly junior wellness lab panel for ages 1-6 years, then yearly senior wellness lab panel beginning at age 7.
- Life stage and exposure specific vaccination needs discussion
- Claw trimming and paw desensitization instruction
- Desensitization and reward based training and behavioral modification plans to help you and your cats live in harmony
- Blending and incorporation of a new cat or kitten into a household with other pets.
- Discussions of common household hazards for cats
With so much possible to cover and discuss, it is a good thing that each cat needs wellness visits every 6 months for examinations and occasional routine basic vaccination, screenings, and deworming/anti-parasite treatments!