Senior Cat Wellness Care
Back to Senior Cat Wellness Care
7 years of age and older: Semiannual Wellness Exams:
Every 6 month check-up (every 3 months if certain chronic medical conditions exist which require more frequent monitoring), includes:
- Full wellness exam review of body systems
- Charting of weight trends
- Charting (and testing as indicated) of any new lumps, bumps, or skin conditions
- Body Condition Scoring, Muscle Condition Scoring, ideal weight determination and Senior
- Nutritional Counseling
- Yearly Fecal Parasite Exam (Bring a stool sample!)
- Flea check (and ear mite testing, as needed)
- Topical antiparasite treatment monthly or Oral general dewormer quarterly
- FVRCP (feline upper respiratory disease complex, often referred to as the "feline distemper" combination as it is the feline equivalent of puppies' distemper parvovirus combination vaccination), every 3 years, after initial series.
- Purevax non-adjuvanted yearly Rabies Vaccine.
- Tribeca Veterinary Wellness does not recommend the routine use of Feline Leukemia vaccination unless a cat will be spending time around feral or unknown cats, as the risks associated with this vaccine often outweigh the benefits.
Claw trimming, if permitted
Feline Leukemia and FIV screening if not confirmed negative at 6 months or later of age.
Yearly Senior Wellness Lab Panel beginning at age 7 and older.
Dentistry and Dental Cleanings scheduled as needed, within 30 days of lab-work: Ultrasonic Teeth Cleaning/Polishing, Dental Xrays, Identification of Significant Dental Disease and/or lesions, and tailored surgical and medical dental treatment for specific conditions identified.
Spay or Neuter Surgery, if not already completed